George is a senior associate since 2008
He is an expert in the fields of civil, real estate, criminal, administrative and business law, whereas his practice focuses mainly on litigation, negotiation, arbitration and mediation.
George advises and represents individuals and companies in a variety of complex litigation matters. His extended experience inside and outside the courtrooms helps him providing high-level, accurate and well-balanced legal advice to Greek and international clients of the firm.
His assignments entail a close collaboration with clients, colleagues, judges, witnesses and law clerks.
His daily routine involves pleadings before administrative authorities, judiciary councils, civil and criminal courts of the first and second instance. The focus is also given on mitigating any judicial outcome by opting for extrajudicial settlements.
Indicatively, he has successfully represented:
- construction and motorways companies (Dragados, Nea Odos, Kentriki Odos) in disputes against suppliers, subcontractors, users a.o..
- food and beverage companies (Danone, SPI, Karoulias) and restaurants (TGI Fridays) in disputes related to market regulations, counterfeit, corporate, real estate and lease
- National Gas Supply Company and Piraeus Port Container Terminal in extrajudicial settlements (mainly labor disputes)
- marketing companies (MEC, Cream), US defense industry (ESCO), gyms (Holmes Place) in criminal cases
- energy companies (ENTEKA, ETHON, WINSUN) in civil and business disputes
- Major company in a multi-million dispute with a Bank Institution
Prior to joining the firm, George practiced health law, criminal law, military criminal law and civil law as a freelancer in collaboration with a network of law firms situated in Thessaloniki, Heraklion, Thebes, and Cyprus. As a trainee, he offered his legal services in a law office in Piraeus dealing with labor law issues, seafarers’ rights, and civil lawsuits.
Besides his native Greek, George speaks fluently English and has a basic knowledge of French.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators/A.K.K.E.D. Promitheas – Certificate of Successful Completion of the Core Program-Training in Mediation, 2013.
- Hellenic Open University – M.Sc. Health Care Management, 2010.
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki Faculty of Law – LL.B. (Ptychio), 2005.
Board Member of the Hellenic National Transplant Organization (Ε.Ο.Μ) (since 2014).
Member of Greek Health Law Association (since 2008).
Member of the Athens Bar Association since 2008. Qualified to practice before the Court of Appeals.
Accredited Mediator at the Hellenic Ministry of Justice, Transparency and Human Rights since 2014.