George is a founding partner of the firm
He is the firm’s Managing Partner and head of the firm’s arbitration and public contracts division.
George’s practice focuses on commercial law, tax law, EU law, public contracts and arbitration.
In the field of public contracts, George advises and represents Greek and international clients in negotiations of contracts, as well as in litigations and arbitration.
His experience includes preparing negotiations, reviewing contracts, drafting contracts, filing request for arbitration.
Recent highlights of his work include:
- As from September 2019 he is Legal Advisor to the Prime Minister.
- Advises international firms in the negotiation and implementation of Public Contracts.
- Advises the Athens Gas Corporation (EPA Attica) in connection with EU Law and regulations in Energy.
- Advises the Concessionaire of toll Highway Operation in Central Greece.
- Advised the Hellenic Republic’s Assets Development Fund in connection with the privatization procedure of the former Athens Airport (Hellinikon).
- Advises the developers of the Afantou Rhodes Golf area.
- He acted as a plenipotentiary attorney at law of major international companies before the ICC.
- He acted a plenipotentiary attorney at law of major telecommunication companies before the Greek courts.
Prior to joining the firm, George worked:
- in the Institute of Economic and Industrial Research – IOBE (1987 – 1988);
- as an Advisor to the General Manager of the Greek Telecommunications Organization (OTE) (1989-1990);
- as an Investment advisor to the Prime Minister of Greece (1990-1993);
- as Legal Counsel of the Airbus Group (former EADS) in Greece (1997-2005).
George speaks English and French fluently.
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens – Scholl of Economics, graduated 1988
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Law – Law Degree (Ptychion) 1992.
– Defence Procurement Law Bulletin (2004 – 2007)
– Labour Market in the EU (1988, IOBE)
Member of the Athens Bar Association since 1993. Qualified to practice before the Supreme Court.