+30 210 3218 900 – 214
Katerina joined the firm as an associate in November 2014.
Her practice focuses on tax, administrative and company law. Katerina advises domestic and multinational corporations, institutions, and individuals during the conduct of tax audits and represents them in all phases of tax disputes, both in judicial and out-of-court level. Katerina has also experience in a variety of direct and indirect taxation matters and she advises domestic and international clients on taxation and tax planning implications arising in the course of their business.
- Advised major domestic entity in relation to the tax treatment of its transactions with cross-border entities established in countries having a preferential tax regime.
- Advised Greek financial institution in relation to the refund (adjustment) of input VAT paid for the purposes of real estate construction.
- Advised multinational client in relation to the imposition of stamp duties on intra-group cash pooling transactions.
- Advised Greek insurance company in relation to the tax treatment of contributions paid by the company and its employees in favour of a Pension Fund set up by the company.
- Advised international organization with regard to the fiscal nature of the special solidarity contribution.
- Advised Greek corporation with regard to its dispute with the Tax Authority in connection with the deductibility of a tax loss of past fiscal years.
- Advising and representing international group in relation to the alleged personal liability of two executives of the group (who have acted as directors of a Greek company acquired by the group) for the company’s tax debts.
Prior to joining the firm, Katerina has worked in the legal department of Nordea Investments Funds S.A, located in Luxembourg.
Katerina, besides Greek, is fluent in English and German and has a good understanding of French.
- Chartered Institute of Taxation – Advance Diploma in International Taxation, ongoing.
- Athens University of Economics and Business – Tax Law for Lawyers, 2016.
- Democritus University of Thrace – LLM in Commercial law with Specialisation in Competition law, 2015.
- Freie University of Berlin – Master in Business Law, 2013.
- Democritus University of Thrace School of Law – Law Degree (Ptychion), 2010.
(With P. Pantazopoulos), Greek Law Digest (Disputing Acts and Omissions of The Tax Authority), 2016.
Member of the Athens Bar Association since 2012. Qualified to practice before the Court of Appeals.