+30 210 3218 900 – 208
Nikolas joined the firm in 2009, following his apprenticeship since 2007
He is an expert in public law and specializes in the areas of public procurement (public contracts), privatizations, public, and energy law.
In such fields, he advises and handles dispute resolution cases (before State’s Courts and Courts of Arbitration) for major international and Greek clients.
Recent highlights of his work in the fields of his expertise include:
- Advising HRADF in connection with disputes brought before the Council of State arising under the procurement of exclusive horse betting rights relating to EU and Greek public procurement law.
- Assisting a major telecommunications provider in tendering for multimillion projects.
- Advising major actors of the Greek electricity and gas market in connection with the financial law (Court of Auditors).
- Advising major actors of the Greek gas market in connection to the recent developments of the gas market regulatory framework.
- Advising the Independent Power Transmission Operator in relation to the procurement of the interconnection of Cyclades islands to the mainland transmission system by submarine cables.
- Advising and representing a major Greek casino in connection with multimillion claims against the Greek State and issues arising under the Greek gambling regulatory framework.
- Advising HRADF in connection with disputes brought before the Council of State arising under the extension of exclusive betting rights and relating to the compliance with EU law.
- Advising HRADF in connection with disputes brought before the Council of State arising under the privatization procedure of the area of the former international airport.
Besides Greek, Nikolas speaks English and German.
- Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany – LL.M. in German Law (European Public Law)
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Law, Athens, Greece – Master’s Degree in European Law, 2009 (EU Tax Law)
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Law, Athens, Greece – Law Degree (Ptychion), 2007
Member of the Athens Bar Association since 2009. Qualified to practice before the Court of Appeals.