+30 210 3218 900
Petros joined the firm in 2006 and is a partner
He is the Head of the Firm’s tax and administrative law practice.
A recognized tax attorney, with extensive experience in tax and customs litigation and out-of-court dispute resolution, Petros has pleaded for numerous of cases before the Supreme Administrative Court (Council of State) and the Administrative Courts.
Petros advises several domestic and foreign entities and private clients on direct and indirect tax matters and on administrative (tax, customs) and court procedure.
He assists clients to develop strategies related to tax and customs audits and negotiates with tax and customs authorities in connection with both out–of–court and judicial settlements.
Recent highlights of his work include:
- Advised a major multinational company with regard to the procedure of shifting its accounting functions out of Greece.
- Represented two major multinational companies before the competent courts in connection with the imposition of stamp duties’ fines on cash pooling transactions.
- Represented a major Greek Bank before the Council of State with regard to a dispute in connection with the imposition of transaction tax on the sale of listed stocks.
- Represented two major Greek companies before the competent courts in connection with the imposition of municipal fees.
- Advised a major Greek Bank with regard to the tax treatment of the acquisition of a Cypriot Bank’s Greek branch.
- Advised a major Greek Bank in connection with various matters with regard to the implementation of the new Greek Income Tax Code.
- Represented the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) before the Council of State in connection with the procedure with regard to the privatization process for the grant of the exclusive right to organize and conduct mutual betting on horses races in Greece.
Besides his native Greek, Petros speaks English and German.
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Law – Ph.D. in Tax Law, 2010
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Law – LL.M. in Public Law, 2002
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Law – Law Degree (Ptychion), 2000
- (With Prof. Th. Fortsakis) “Administrative Law Procedure” 11th edition, Athens 2014. Also, a member of the editorial team of the previous ten editions, Athens 2003, 2005, 2007, 2008 (two editions), 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013.
- (With Prof. Th. Fortsakis) “Tax Law Legislation”, 5th edition, Athens 2014.
- (With Prof. H. Chryssanthakis), “Reports on Administrative Law Procedure”, Athens 2014.
- Member of the editorial team of the “Greek Law Dictionary – Volume II, Public Law”, Athens 2014.
- Member of the editorial team of “Interpretation of the Code of Administrative Law Procedure”, Athens 2014.
- The Constitutional borders of a tax audit, Athens 2012.
- (With Judge P. Marinakis) “Administrative Procedural Law”, two editions, Athens 2011 and 2009.
- Member of the editorial team of the law collection “Tax Law Legislation” (ed. T. Fortsakis – I. Fotopoulos), 6th Edition, Athens 2012. Also, a member of the editorial team of the previous five editions, Athens 2004, 2006, 2007 and 2008, 2010.
- Co-contributor in the collective work “Substantive and procedural administrative law”, 2009 (chapter of taxation).
- Member of the editorial team of the “Code of Income Taxation”, Athens 2009.
- Member of the editorial team of the third edition of “Tax Law” (ed. T. Fortsakis), Athens – Komotini 2008 (chapter of indirect taxation).
- Member of the editorial team of the “Code of Books and Records”, Athens 2007.
- Co-contributor in the collective work “Applications of commercial law”, Athens 2007 (chapter of a joint account).
- (With Prof. H. Chryssanthakis), “Reports on Constitutional Law” Athens 2007.
- (With Prof. H. Chryssanthakis) “Reports on Administrative Law” Athens 2006.
- Administrative tax penalties under the Code of Tax Procedure, Theory and Praxis of Administrative Law (Greek Law Bulletin), 2014, p. 223.
- Compatibility with the ECHR of the limitations of the legal professional privilege by the legislation against money laundering, Business and Company Law (Greek law bulletin) 2013, p. 222.
- The extension of the subscription period of tax disputes, Enterprise (Greek law bulletin) 2012, p. 863.
- The treatment by the administrative courts of the procedure for the punishment of customs duty offenses (CoS Decision No 2067/2011), Theory and Praxis of Administrative Law, 2011, p. 1100.
- Tax reform 2010 – The proposals of the Athens Bar Association on the restructuring of the tax administration, Enterprise (Greek law bulletin) 2010, p. 270.
- The Handbook of a tax audit, Enterprise 2008, p. 1332 & 1453 and 2009, p. 21.
- The new Handbook of a tax audit, Advocate (Greek law bulletin), issue March-April 2008.
- The right of hearing in the tax procedure. The course of the right through theory and case law, Theory and Practice of Administrative Law (Greek law bulletin) 2008, p. 1026.
- The interest of claims of suppliers of the Greek Armed Forces, Defence Procurement Law Bulletin, issues 3/2008, p.2.
- The audit of tax objects, Enterprise 2006, p. 1312.
- The new Law 3453/2006 – Changes in the taxation regime of associated enterprises and the procedure of administrative contribution between EU members in the field of taxation (in Greek), Advocate 2006, p. 14.
- Prohibition of discriminations in free movement of capital. Based on the decision of the Greek Council of State decision 2393/2004, Enterprise 2004, p. 824
- Fictitiousness of tax records and burden of proof according to the recent precedents of administrative courts, Advocate 2004, p. 210.
- A special tax on the real estate of off-shore enterprises, Business and Company Law 2003 p. 709.
- The new system of tax audits and calculation of income, Advocate 2003, p. 74.
- Tax sanctions and European Convention on Human Rights, Business and Company Law 2003, p. 255.
Petros is also a frequent speaker on issues of Greek tax law.
Scientific collaborator in the field of tax law at the Law School of the University of Athens
Lectures at the Athens University of Economics and Business (Post Graduate Programme in Tax Law of the Centre for Professional Training)
Member of the Athens Bar Association since 2002. Qualified to practice before the Supreme Court.