+30 210 3218 900
Professor Fortsakis is a founding partner of the firm
His practice focuses on administrative and tax law and is recognised and respected as one of the most eminent practitioners in the fields of public law and taxation.
Prof. Fortsakis has represented numerous domestic and foreign entities and private clients over the last thirty years before the administrative courts and the Council of State.
He also has vast experience in advising and providing legal opinions on all tax objects and international business transactions.
Prof. Fortsakis is a member of the Greek Parliament since January 2015. Previously he was the Rector of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (since Sept. 2014). He has also been Dean of the School of Law (2009-2014) and Director of the Department of Public Law (2009-2014).
Prof. Fortsakis is or has been:
- Member of the Special Supreme Court of Greece (2012-2013).
- Chairman of the Association Franco – Hellènique (lycèe français Eugène Delacroix) (since 2010).
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of the State Orchestra of Athens (2012-2014).
- President of the Supervisory Board of the public television (NERIT) (2013-2014).
- Chairman of the Consulting Committee of the General Secretariat of Public Revenues (Ministry of Finance) (2013-2014).
- President / Vice-President/member of numerous scholarly institutions in Greece and abroad and several ministerial draft law committees.
- A former member of the Hellenic Competition Commission (2000-2003), of the Board of Directors of the National Library (2008-2011), of the National Commission for Human Rights (2003-2006).
- He served for five years as an international expert at the Council of Europe, in Strasbourg, with many missions in eastern Europe and central Asia (1998-2003).
- He was awarded the French Decorations of «Officier de la Légion d’honneur» (2015) «Chevalier» (2006) and «Officier de Palmes Académiques» (2012) and «Guardian of the Law» of the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate of Alexandria and all Africa (2009).
Besides his native Greek Prof. Fortsakis speaks French, English and German.
- 1985: Doctorat d’Etat (Law), University of Paris 2, France (Excellent).
- 1979: D.E.A. (5th year of study) of Public Law, University of Paris 2, France.
- 1978: Law degree, University of Athens (Excellent).
- 1975: D.E.U.G. en droit (2 years of study), University of Nancy II, France.
- 1973: Athens College (Kyriakideio Excellence).
Prof. Fortsakis is the author of numerous books and more than 130 articles in Greek, French and English.
- Energy Law, Kluwer Law International / Ant.N. Sakkoulas, Wolters Kluwer, Austin, Boston, Chicago, New York, The Netherlands, 2009 (in English) and
- Hellas – Energy Law, Kluwer Law International, International Encyclopaedia of Laws / Energy Law – Suppl. (2009), Wolters Kluwer, Law & Business (in English)
- Energy Law, Ant. N. Sakkoulas, Athens – Komotini, 2009 (in Greek).
- Constitutional Law in Greece (with Professor Filippos Spiropoulos), second edition Kluwer Law International / Ant.N. Sakkoulas, Wolters Kluwer, Ant. N. Sakkoulas, Austin, Boston, Chicago, New York, The Netherlands, 2013 (in English).
- Hellas – Constitutional Law, Kluwer Law International, International Encyclopaedia of Laws / Constitutional Law – Suppl. 78 (January 2009), General Editor Prof. Dr. R. Blanpain, Associate General Editor Prof. Dr. M. Colucci, Wolters Kluwer, Law & Business (in English).
- Tax Law, Forth Edition (with Aik. Savvaidou), 4th ed., Nomiki Vivliothiki, Athens 2013 (in Greek).
- Arbitration and administrative disputes, Institute of Greek Constitutional History and Constitutional Science, Studies 10, Direction G. Kasimatis, Law and Economics, P. N. Sakkoulas, Athens 1998 (in Greek).
- Conceptualisme et empirisme en droit administratif français, Préface J. Rivero, Bibliothèque de droit public fondée par M. Waline et dirigée par G. Vedel, t. CLII, LGDJ, Paris 1987 (in French).
Full Professor of Public Law and Tax law at the Law School of the University of Athens.
Visiting Professor for over a decade at Sorbonne (Paris 1, 2003-2013, Paris 2, 2010-2011 & 2012-13) and at the University Paul Cézanne Aix-Marseille (2002-2003, 2006-2007, 2009-2010).
Member of the Athens Bar Association (since 1981). Qualified to practice before the Supreme Court.
Since January 2015 Professor Fortsakis is serving as Member of Parliament. During his tenure as MP Professor Fortsakis has temporarily suspended his activities as a practicing lawyer and is only accepting assignments to provide Opinions on questions of Greek law, that are consistent with his position as an academic.