Investments and Development Projects (Real Estate & Construction)
Our experienced team handles a diverse range of problems including advice on the existing legal framework regarding public and private construction works in Greece, leases and leasing of real estate assets, urban planning and building regulations, representation of clients in disputes regarding licenses for the implementation of public and private construction works, execution of construction contracts or professional negligence claims, illegal building and legalisation of illegal buildings.
Our practice involves advising major domestic and international contractors engaged in public and private construction works, as well as owners of private property.
Our practice focuses on the following:
- drafting and negotiating complex contracts, including sale and purchase agreements, sale and leaseback agreements, long-term lease agreements;
- drafting and negotiating finance documents for the implementation of development projects;
- legal due diligence;
- preparation of bids, participation in public tenders
- drafting of tender documents, monitoring tender procedures
- regulatory framework and licensing procedure
- representation before courts
Recent highlight transactions include:
- acting as legal adviser to HRADF in connection with the Acquisition of 100% of the share capital of Hellinikon SA, a société anonyme wholly-owned at the time of its establishment by the Hellenic Republic, preparing all documents of the tender process (Invitation for an Expression of Interest, Request for Proposal) as well as all transaction documents (Share Purchase Agreement, Shareholders Agreement (which existed in the beginning of the transaction), advising in relation to all contacts with the European Commission (oral and written) and in all negotiations with the interested investors, participating in all BoD meetings, in all meetings with the Hellenic Republic, drafting all necessary legal opinions, handling all relative judicial procedures before the competent courts, reviewing all documentation submitted by interested parties in all Phases of the project and preparing the documentation for the Court of Audit;
- assisting the preferred investor in relation to the tender procedure issued by the HRADF for the acquisition and exploitation of a property in the Afantou area in the island of Rhodes;
- advising Dragados SA, the construction arm of the ACS Group in Greece, in connection with its participation in a joint venture bidding for the award of the concession contracts relating to the design, construction, operation and maintenance of a new international airport in Heraklion, Crete, in response to the relevant international tender launched by the Greek State. Our services have included the drafting of Head of Terms agreements, MoUs and JV agreements relevant to the project;
- acting as legal adviser of Nea Odos SA/ Odos Kentrikis Elladas SA (the concessionaires for the construction and long-term operation of the Ionia Odos and Central Greece Motorways, subsidiaries of the Ferrovial, ACS/ Dragados and Terna Groups) in relation to legal issues arising, inter alia, under or in connection with the relevant D&C and nominated subcontractor agreements;
- advising Olympic Broadcasting Services SA in connection with a significant number of contracts with suppliers of equipment and services and for the construction of facilities relating to SOCHI 2014 Winter Olympic Games. Moreover, we advise the client in relation to the preparation and drafting of the design contract and of the construction and maintenance contract associated with the International Broadcast Centre for the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games;
- advising an interested/ potential buyer in connection with the acquisition of Astir S.A. (Astir Palace Vouliagmenis), reviewing all documents (Invitation for an Expression of Interest, Request for Proposal) and transactions linked to the project.