FDMA counts years of experience and know-how in matters pertaining to the tendering, awarding and implementation of public procurement contracts related to goods, services, and public works, as well as in public concessions and defense procurement tenders issued by the Greek Armed Forces.
Our firm’s client base includes both awarding authorities and private tenderers benefiting from a wide range of services offered in the area, including the drafting of calls for tender and contractual documentation, the preparation of bids, offers and supporting participation documents, legal counselling at the bid evaluation stage and legal representation in arbitration and court proceedings arising in relation to the application of Greek and EU public contracting rules and procedures.
We advise on the following:
- EU and national legal framework applying to the tendering, assignment and execution of contracts related to the supply of goods and services and the undertaking of public works and concessions;
- Participation in public tenders and preparation and submission of bids and offers;
- Disputes arising in connection with the tendering processes and implementation of public contracts and defense procurement contracts including the preparation and submission of administrative and judicial objections and appeals.
Recent representative matters of our Public Procurement practice include:
- acting as legal counsel to the Greek Independent Power Transmission Operator (ADMIE SA) in its capacity as the awarding authority of public works contracts of an estimated value of €240 million for the interconnection of the Cyclades with Greece’s mainland interconnected power transmission system. We represented ADMIE before the Council of State in disputes arising during the first phase of the tendering process for the project;
- advising Wind Hellas SA on its participation in the tendering process linked to the Syzefxis II project aimed at the upgrade of the internal telecommunications network of the Greek public administration, which includes ministries, municipalities, hospitals, schools and public sector agencies and entities;
- representing the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund (HRADF) in disputes before the Council of State arising in connection with the procurement process in respect of a Mutual Horse Betting License;
- assisting Wind Hellas SA on its participation in the Hellenic Telecommunications and Post Commission’s auction for the granting of rights of use of radio frequencies at the frequency bands in 800 and 2600 MHz.