Lydia joined the firm in 2002 and is a counsel
Since 2008 she is the leader of the firm’s corporate, commercial and contract law practice, advising and representing major international and Greek-based clients on all matters of corporate governance, corporate transactions, regulatory compliance, legal due diligence, mergers & acquisitions participation in public tenders, negotiating public procurement and concession agreements, as well as international arbitration counselling on matters relating to the interpretation of public procurement contracts.
Lydia also carries considerable experience in complex and international cross-border financial transactions, including negotiation and drafting of facility and bond loan agreements, asset and project financing, securitization and debt restructuring.
Recent highlights of her work include:
- Assisting of COSCO (Hong Kong) Group Limited in the international tender process called by the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund for the privatization of Piraeus Port Authority;
- Local counsel of COSCO Pacific Ltd (“CPL”) and its local subsidiary in the negotiation, structuring, and conclusion of the agreements required for the financing of the local subsidiary following the concession of Piers II and III of the Piraeus Container Terminal;
- Local advisor of Ideal Standard group on a multiparty international financial transaction, involving approximately thirty (30) companies of the Ideal Standard group
- Local advisor of Ideal Standard International S.A. on its high yield offering and super senior revolving credit facility and securitization
- Local advisor of a major international group in connection with the restructuring of its outstanding senior secured notes through a consent solicitation, mutual release and exchange offer
- Attorney of two major international defense suppliers in arbitration proceedings against the Greek state
- Prior to joining the firm, Lydia worked as an associate in a Piraeus-based law firm specializing in corporate law, litigation and real estate.
Besides her native Greek, Lydia speaks fluently English and has a basic understanding of French and Spanish.
- University of KENT- Law School- UK – LL.M. in European Law, 1998
- Democritus University of Thrace School of Law – Law Degree (Ptychion), 1996
Member of the Athens Bar Association since 1999. Qualified to practice before the Court of Appeals.