Nikolas joined the firm in 2009
He is a recognized expert in public law and specializes in the areas of public procurement, PPP and privatizations, environmental and energy law.
In such fields, he advises and handles dispute resolution cases (before State’s Courts and Courts of Arbitration) for major international and Greek clients.
Highlights of his work in the fields of his expertise include:
- Heading the Firm’s team acting as legal counsel to the Greek Ministry of Infrastructure and Finance in relation to the award of a 110 mil. € public-private partnership agreement for the financing, construction, maintenance and operation of a new building complex for the housing needs of the General Secretary of Infrastructure.
- Heading the Firm’s team acting as the legal counsel to the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund SA [HRADF] on the privatization through the sale of shares of Heraklion Port Authority SA.
- Heading the Firm’s team advising one the prequalified bidders in relation to its participation in the Hellenic Coastguard’s tendering procedure (through competitive dialogue) for the procurement of up to 14 fast patrol vessels.
- Advising one of the prequalified investors in the Hellenic Republic Asset Development Fund SA [HRADF] tendering procedure for the privatization through the sale of shares of Volos Port Authority SA.
- Advising the Operator of the Greek Electricity Distribution Network, before the Supreme Administrative Court against applications for the annulment in the context of a tendering procedure regarding the design and supply of smart metering solutions.
- Advising and representing before the Greek Administrative Courts the Greek subsidiary of a multinational company defending the electricity production licenses for a major project consisting in the construction and operation of wind parks of total capacity of 330 MW on a Greek island.
- Heading the Firm’s team advising and representing before the Supreme Administrative Court one the three qualified consortia participating in the Greek Police Headquarters international closed tender for the procurement of software, hardware, expendables and relevant services for the new e-IDs of Greek citizens with a budget of approximately 515 mil. €.
- Advising and representing before the Greek Court of Auditors an operator of wind farms in relation to a dispute before the Greek Court of Auditors regarding the recovery of state aid (subsidy), that the Client received for the construction of its wind farms.
- Advising HRADF in connection with disputes brought before the Council of State arising under the procurement of exclusive horse betting rights relating to EU and Greek public procurement law.
- Assisting a major telecommunications provider in tendering for multi-million projects.
- Advising major actors of the Greek electricity and gas market in connection with the financial law (Court of Auditors).
- Advising major actors of the Greek gas market in connection to the recent developments of the gas market regulatory framework.
- Advising the Independent Power Transmission Operator in relation to the procurement of the interconnection of Cyclades islands to the mainland transmission system by submarine cables.
- Advising and representing a major Greek casino in connection with multimillion claims against the Greek State and issues arising under the Greek gambling regulatory framework.
- Advising HRADF in connection with disputes brought before the Council of State arising under the extension of exclusive betting rights and relating to the compliance with EU law.
- Advising HRADF in connection with disputes brought before the Council of State arising under the privatization procedure of the area of the former international airport.
Besides Greek, Nikolas speaks English and German.
- Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany – LL.M. in German Law (European Public Law)
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Law, Athens, Greece – Master’s Degree in European Law, (EU Tax Law)
- National & Kapodistrian University of Athens School of Law, Athens, Greece – Law Degree (Ptychion)
Member of the Athens Bar Association. Qualified to practice before the Supreme Court.