Banking and Finance – Capital Markets
Our Banking and Finance team advises on all aspects of financing transactions, including general corporate lending, cross-border financing as well as refinancing securitization and debt restructuring. Our firm’s practice also focuses on the drafting and negotiation of facility and bond loan agreements, asset and project financing.
Our practice focuses on the following:
- debt restructuring and reorganization
- lending: secured and unsecured,
- corporate lending including inter-group lending
- private equity and venture capital
- asset securitization
- project financing
- leveraged buyouts
- subordinated, mezzanine and senior financing
Recent highlight transactions include:
- acting as general legal counsel to Nea Odos SA/ Odos Kentrikis Elladas SA (the concessionaires for the construction and long-term operation of the Ionia Odos and Central Greece Motorways, subsidiaries of the Ferrovial, ACS/ Dragados and Terna Groups) for the construction and long-term operation of the Ionia Odos and Central Greece Motorways in connection with the renegotiation of the original concession agreements with the Greek State and the contribution of additional project finance resources for the implementation of the projects. In addition, we assist the concession companies in relation to resolving matters linked to the management of the project accounts and affecting the relationship of our clients with the financial institutions being the Lenders under the finance
- acting as legal counsel to the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund (“HSFS”) regarding HSFS’s participation to the recapitalisation process of Greek Banks. In this regard we advised the client as to the definition of the “private sector” under Greek law for the purpose of determining (the extent of )the rights to be afforded to HSFS following its participation to the recapitalisation (i.e., extent –if any- of veto rights to certain managerial decisions, obligation to provide warranties to private investors for shares acquired by the HSFS)
- acting as local legal counsel of Ideal Standard International S.A. in connection with the restructuring of Ideal Standard’s outstanding senior secured high yield notes through a consent solicitation, mutual release and exchange offer, secured by multi-jurisdictional affiliated companies acting as guarantors. Our scope of work focused on matters regarding to guarantees and securities provided under Greek law for the existing and the new notes. More specifically the negotiation of security documents and confirmations to cover both any existing bonds that will remain outstanding and the various new series of bonds; the drafting of authorizing documents for guarantors of the various new series of bonds; delivering of legal opinions to the trustee and security agent regarding capacity/due authorization/enforceability of security documents/local law of guarantors located in our jurisdiction and negotiating and drafting with bondholders’ counsel certain local law disclosures (regulation taxation, limitations on guarantees and security and enforceability of judgments) in the offering memorandum related to the proposed exchange offer.
- advising in connection with a term loan facility agreement signed by China Development Bank Corporation as the lender and in connection with all matters pertaining to the guarantee and security of the obligations of the borrower. We have also recently advised on the revision and amendment of securities.
- acting as legal counsel to the European Financial Stability Fund (EFSF) regarding HSFS’s participation to the recapitalisation process of all four Greek systemic banks in connection especially with HFSF’s powers to participate in the recapitalisations, in light of the relevant Greek legislation and the guidelines by the European Commissioner for Competition and the European Financial Stability Fund (EFSF).
- acting as legal counsels of Airbus Group in connection with granting a Common Bond Loan in accordance with the relevant Greek legislation to a Greek construction company for the financing of such company’s participation in the Public Private Partnership transaction in Greece consisting in the building and management of elementary schools. Our company was responsible for drafting all the necessary documentation for the implementation of the transaction, including the Bond Loan Agreement, the Bond Loan Program, the security documents, the CP’s and the representation documentation.